Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tokyo/Hair Extensions Part 1

I promised myself I'd keep up with this blog and I haven't been so good at it, but to be fair; I was in Tokyo for a week and I'm still having crazy jet lag...


ANYWAY.....Tokyo was AMAZING. This wasn't my first time in Japan, I went with my Dad when I turned 16, but this time I went alone. I've never traveled further than the jersey shore from NYC, and I've never been on a plane without my parents, so I'm pretty proud of myself for taking this trip and having everything go smoothly. I booked a hotel specifically to be within walking distance of 109, and I went there every day except the day my plane landed and the day it left. I met up with my friend Oliver a few times (who is in Tokyo doing an architecture internship) and I even dragged him along to 109 with me. I was afraid his brain was going to explode when I took him to SBY, haha. But then he was interested in seeing the rest of the stores.


One of the best things I did in Japan was....GET EXTENSIONS!! (or "exte as they're called in Japan)




It was a kind of a spur of the moment decision, so I looked on the Hot Pepper beauty guide (a guide for various salons, etc in Tokyo) and found Exte Ichiban in Shibuya, which looked really cute and was pretty cheap.


They were really great there because my hair was REALLY short, and they didn't speak English and I don't speak Japanese, but they worked really really hard to accomodate me, and even called a friend over the phone who spoke English. They were concerned about my hair being so short that the extensions (which are braided in) would come out easily, and they warned me that the bottom ones (on my shortest hair) might only last about a week, but so far, its been just over 2 weeks and they're holding up fine. I went in around 11 am and I thought I might have to make an appointment and come back, but they were able to take me right away. They gave me a bunch of magazines to read like Nuts and Jelly, and when I tried to mention that I read Popteen at home, the girl pulled out a copy of the latest issue for me! So sweet! I figured if I was going to get extensions I might as well go all out, and I went for the longest ones they had, which is about waist length. The extensions are human hair and they custom blended a couple of different colors to match my own. They did a great job on the color matching- when I got back thats the first thing my friends said to me. It was a really pleasant experience, they did a great job, and all the girls were really sweet- plus, the cost was so cheap compared to US. The whole thing cost me $158. Here, it would probably cost that much just to buy the hair.


In part 2 of this post I'm going to talk about how I style/care for my extensions.

No comments:

Post a Comment